Padang Bai is not only the transit port town, it has so much more to offer. It’s worth staying overnight or more, here’s the top things to do in Padang Bai.
Things to do in Padang Bai
1. Swimming at Bias Tugal Beach (White sand beach)
Bias Tugal Beach is also known as called Pantai Kecil or The White Sandy Beach, is the beast beach in Padang Bai. It is a beautiful white sandy beach for tourists. It is great for swimming and snorkelling.
To go to this beach you need to walk up 100 metres from the police station, you will find the sign says ‘Bias Tegul’, then turn left, and climb up for 5 minutes and then descend.
2. Enjoy snorkeling
Blue Lagoon is OK for snorkelling but White Sand Beach is much better.
Pay attention to the current and stay safe!
3. Diving and enjoy the beautiful sea gardens
Padang Bai is also known with its friendly diving centres. Some of diving sites in Padang Bai are Blue Lagoon, Jepun, Secret Jepun, Secret Jetty, Labuhan Amok, Tanah Ampoe, White Sand Beach, Ferry Channel, Tanjung Sari, and more.
After diving you may want to chill and hang out with other diving buddies at diving centres owned bar.
Some of diving centres in Padang Bai are:
Absolute Scuba – located on Jl Pantai Silayukti, phone: + 62 363 42088
Blue Lagoon Divers – located on Jl Silayukti, Padang Bai (on the beach just in front of the pier), phone : +62 363 42077 or +62 812 3619139, email : email@example.com
Geko Dive Bali – Located on Jl Silayulkti, Padang Bai, 80872, Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia. Phone : +62 363 41516, email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Have some super delicious seafood at ‘warung lesehan’
It is probably the best seafood restaurant in town. The name of this seafood restaurant is Warung Lesehan Bali.
Enjoy the great atmosphere, superb service, friendly staff and most important is that the meals are excellent! It offers fresh seafood like red snapper, prawns, tuna, red snapper and so much more.
- Address : Jl. Segara, Padangbai 80871
- Phone number : +62 818-0566-4587.
5. Try the local food at Martini’s Warung
Martini’s Warung is a great little local treat. With budget prices Martini’s offers authentic local food, often cooked by Martini herself. Travelers and tourists alike come to chat to Martini and each-other over beers and home cooked meals. Mie Goreng is highly recommended.
- Address : Martini’s Warung, Padang Bai, Manggis, it is in the main square where buses drop off
- Opening hour : 7.30AM-10.30PM
6. Enjoy a fine massage at The Spiral Spa at bloo
After full day by the beach it is great idea to treat yourself with a fine massage at the one and only spa at Padang Bai, and they provide great services. They have therapists who do know what they are doing.
- Address: Jalan Silayukti Bloo Lagoon Village, Padangbai, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80872
- Opening hours : 10AM–8PM
- Phone: 0812-3735-6868
7. Chill and have some drinks at beach front small cafes
There are plenty of bars and small cafes to choose from along the beach in the village. On entering Padang Bai, head over to the left of the bay, keeping the ferry jetty to your right.
The road here runs along the beach and is full of activity, dive shops, bars and small home stays (nice and cheap).
8. Meet some new traveller friends at Ozone Bar & Cafe
Ozone Bar & cafe is a popular bar in Padang Bai where the travellers meet each other and share some information while having some beers.
- Address : Jl Silayukti, Padang Bai, Bali
- Opening hours : 11AM–11PM
- Phone : +62 361 41501.
9. Sing along and enjoy some music at Sunshine Bar
It is a friendly music bar where you can sing along while drinking some beers with other visitors, it is indeed a nice atmosphere bar.
- Address: Jl. Silayukti, Padangbai, Manggis, Padangbai, Karangasem, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80872
- Opening hours: Open today · 5AM–2AM
- Phone: 0817-4708-597
10. Have some cocktails at Buddha bar & restaurant
Buddha bar serves half price cocktails every single night night. It also offers asian and western style food is prepared using only the finest ingredients. Featuring its friendly staff and happy atmosphere.
- Address : Jalan Pantai Silayukti, Padangbai, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80872 (located at Absolute Scuba)
- Opening hours : 07.00am-22.00pm
- Phone: (0363) 42088