Sanur offers plenty of things to do that keep you having a good time on the island. Here’s the list of top things to do in Sanur we recommend.
This is a town with a wealth of cultural, natural and historical attractions, as well as the obvious shopping and beach-related sights.
Things to do in Sanur, Bali
1. Watch Annual Bali Kite Festival at Padang Galak beach
The international kite festival takes place between July to August annually, it is at Padang Galak beach north of Sanur.
The traditional Balinese giant kites up to 10 metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. The origins of this event are as a festival intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests.
Location: Padanggalak Beach, Sanur and other various venues
Phone: Pelangi Bali secretariat +62 (0)361 227 610
2. Visit Le Mayeur Museum
Le Mayer museum is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur who arrived in Bali in 1932, and died in 1958, which is now a museum dedicated to his works. Le Mayeur married a noted Balinese Legong dancer.
Apart from viewing the works Le Mayeur, you will also learn about what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats.
- Address : Jl Hangtuah (turn right at the beach), Sanur, Bali
- Phone : +62 361 286201.
- Opening hours : Sunday to Thursday from 7.30AM – 2AM and Friday: 7AM to 1PM
- The entrance fee is Rp 10,000.
3. Visit Mangrove Information Centre (MIC)
Mangrove Information Centre developed in 600 hectare mangrove forest which stretches the east coast south of Sanur.
It is a good place to spend half a day with your kids or friends.
- Address : Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai, Sanur, Denpasar 80361
- Phone : +62 812-3963-0458
- Opening hours : everyday from 8AM to 4PM
- Entrance fee : Rp. 50,000 and parking fee is Rp. 50,ooo
4. Visit Pura Blanjong (Blanjong Temple)
The most notable temple in Sanur which contains a major, important inscription on a stone pillar called the Prasati Blanjong.
The inscription tells of a Javanese king who visited Bali in the 10th century and installed what was probably Bali’s first formal government. This is Bali’s oldest known artifact.
Address : Jl Danau Poso, Blanjong, south of Sanur
5. Take a walk or cycling along the 5km beachside pathways
Sanur has a great beachfront paved paved which is very pleasant for cycling or walking, it lies for about 5 kilometres from the Jalan Mertasari area in south Sanur, north to the main beach at Jalan Hangtuah.
6. Watch sunrise at Sanur beach
It is a great idea to wake up early and take a great morning walks along Sanur beach and watch the beautiful sunrise. It worths early morning wake up for.
8. Treat yourself with nice relaxing Spas
After long day outdoor, why don’t treat yourself with a full body spa treatments. Sanur offers the great spa at affordable price. Here’s some of places worth trying.
- Mandurah Spa – Address : Jl Danau Tamblingan, phone : +62 361271502, Email : email@example.com
- Puri Esthetic – Address : Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai 209, Phone : +62 361 286542.
9. Do some watersports
If you are a watersports enthusiast you should definitely try watersports offered at Sanur Beach. Kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, surfing or paragliding, banana boat are some options that worth trying.
Here’s the list of some of the most reputable watersport centres in Sanur offered the services:
Bali Kitesurfing School
Bali Kita Surfing Schools is IKO certified kitesurfing school in Sanur Bali. The lessons are conducted in a safe, user-friendly environment and lessons can be structured to suit individual needs. The school uses three specially designed rescue boats to keep a close eye on you.
- Address : Jalan Cemara no.72, Sanur, Denpasar
- Phone : +62 851-0089-9013
- Website : Bali Kitesurfing School
Blue Oasis Beach Club
Blue Oasis Beach Club is a specialist water sports centre which offers sea-kayaking, kitesurfing, parasailing, wakeboarding, waterskiing and windsurfing, as well as being a dive school.
- Address : Jl. Danau Tamblingan No.101, Sanur, Denpasar Selatan
- Phone : +62 361 288011
10. Buy some souvenirs at Sindhu Market
There are many shops along Jalan Danau Tamblingan. You will find everything from local t-shirts to Balinese handicrafts.
Sindhu Market is located at the northern end of Jalan Pungutan, just before Jalan Danau Tamblingan, there is an art market. Sindhu market is a one stop shop for all manner of Balinese handicrafts, sarongs, t-shirts and other souvenirs.