This page is providing the information on Denpasar transport, how to to get in and how to get around Get in Bali’s capital city.
Denpasar transport: How to get in
Getting to Denpasar by taxi
Denpasar is located in central and therefore its is can easily be reached by car or taxi from any main tourist regions in Bali.
How long does it take from Denpasar to the main Bali tourist area by taxi?
- From Ngurah rai airport to Denpasar takes about 30 minutes drive
- From Candidasa to Denpasar takes about 1.5 hours drive
- From Kuta to Denpasar, Legian and Seminyak takes 20 to 30 minutes drive depending on traffic.
- From Jimbaran to Denpasar takes about 40 to 50 minutes drive
- From Lovina to Denpasar takes longer, it is about 3 hours drive from Denpasar or airport
- Sanur to Denpasar takes only 15 minutes drive
- From Ubud to Denpasar takes about 1 to 1.5 hours depending the traffic.
- From Tabanan to Denpasar is about 40 minutes.
- From Padangbai to Denpasar takes about 1 hour to 1.5 hours
A pre-paid taxi from Denpasar will cost between Rp 70,000 and Rp 400,000, depending on where exactly in Denpasar you are heading to.
Getting to Denpasar by bus
The main Denpasar bus terminal Terminal Ubung, where most buses to and from Java depart, and it is also a bemo terminal.
From Surabaya to Denpasar the executive bus costs from Rp 175,000, the price you pay including the ferry trip between Banyuwangi and Gilimanuk, mineral water and a meal.
The earliest bus depart at 05:30 and the latest one departs at 16.00. Read more about bus from Surabaya to Denpasar here.
Getting to Denpasar by bemo
Denpasar is the centre of bemo in Bali. The terminal is rathe inconvenient, and not to mention that the transfer between the destinations can be time consuming. The major bemo terminal in Denpasar are:
- Batubulan, 6 km northeast, for points central and east: (Besakih, Candidasa, Kintamani, Klungkung, Padangbai, Ubud).
- Tegal, to the west, for southern Bali: (Kuta, Legian,Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Uluwatu).
- Ubung, to the north, for points north and west: (Gilimanuk, Negara, Singaraja, Tabanan).
Always ask a local for the normal price before getting in or expect to be charged a price up to ten times what it should be.
Please note that, bemo does not have the exact schedule as they normally departs when they have enough passengers, and it can be several hours to wait. It is more frequent in the morning. There is no any bemo operating after 4PM.
Getting to Denpasar by train
Since there is no train in Bali, you can take train to Surabaya then continue by the ferry to Bali.
Denpasar transport: how to get around
Getting around Denpasar by taxi
Taxis are widely available for hailing. If you have a group of people, you may want to negotiate a bemo (small van) for a set rate to your destination. Remember that pricing is negotiable.
Getting around Denpasar by bemo
Please refer to ‘Getting to Denpasar by Bemo’ which technically has the same routes served by Bemo. The route is indeed a little bit complicated but however it is pretty cheap, it is only costs you Rp 7,000 to travel within the city.
Getting around Denpasar by motorbike
Just like other town in Bali, you can easily can rent a motorbikes in Denpasar. The motorbike rental costs about Rp 60.000 / 24 Hrs.
More Denpasar travel guide to read :